Highly preferred by home or business owners, Brother Printer is a top-notch brand in the market nowadays. Its ordinary features, affordable price, superior quality distinguishes it from other similar printers. However, some users complain that the Brother printer shows offline causing disturbance in their routine work.
Yes, it may be possible. Just like any other machinery, these printers are also prone to tech issues. But you should not worry at all. Read this whole article to know about the causes and learn how you can fix brother printer offline error windows 10 easily at home.
Here are some reasons for brother printer offline errors in windows 10:
- When your PC is not able to identify the printer.
- Issues regarding safety and security.
- Faulty USB cord or port.
- When there is a problem /fault in the Printer driver.
- When your computer requires cleaning.
How to fix brother printer offline windows 10 error?
Check your printer cartridge : The printer may go offline when it doesn’t get the cartridge. The function of the cartridge is to carry the ink and if the printer can’t find the cartridge, it won’t perform well. So, whenever there is any issue, you must once check the cartridge. For this, Open your printer and remove its ink cartridge. If its contact pins at the sideways are bent, fix them with due care. It may also be possible that the contact pins or cartridge may get damaged. You will then need to replace them. By installing the new one, things will get sorted out. But keep one thing in mid that all the protective tapes and pins should be carefully removed from the cartridge.
- Paper jamming : It could be another reason for your Brother Printer mfc-495 showing offline status. At the time of taking printout, chances are there that the paper gets stuck inside the paper roller. As a result, The paper roller stops working and your printer gets into a situation of paper jam. It may also happen when the paper roller draws two or more pages at the same time. You can simply fix it on your own. just open the printer and remove the junk and see the difference.
- Check the fuser of your device : Sometimes due to overheating, the printer’s fuser may get damaged. If you are in the same situation, Do one thing. Turn off your printer for a while and let it cool down. Restart the printer, after then. If no result comes and it is fully damaged, buy a new one and try printing again.
- Clear printer’s memory : The print jobs are stored in the printer’s memory. As and when it receives a new command, it gets stored in the memory and then gets executed. The printer’s memory has the ability to store various print commands. But sometimes memory gets filled up, as the number of commands are given by the user. So, when the user tries to give a new command, it starts displaying errors. Clean the printer’s memory to come out of this situation.
- Check the ink level on the cartridge : Lack of ink or no ink on the cartridge may also cause errors to occur. So, Refill the ink on the cartridge and then continue your work.
- Disabling SNMP Enabled : SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is a protocol for network management that gathers information and configures network devices that include printers, hubs, servers etc. It could also be held responsible for the inconvenience you are facing. Try out the given steps for desired results:
- First, Press Windows + R, type “control” in the dialogue box. Hit ‘Enter’.
- In the control panel, tap ‘View Devices and Printers’ option seen underneath Hardware and Sound.
You will see that your printer will be listed here. Right-click on it and choose the ‘Printer properties’ option.
In this step, locate the port in which your printing device is currently connected to. Select it and then click Configure port.
Now, uncheck the option ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ in the port configuring settings. Save the changes made and then exit.
If still an error appears on screen, read the next remedy.
Check the type of IP and its Validity: If the above methods fail to work, you can go for this. Check that the IP address that your Brother printer is using doesn’t contain a dynamic IP address. If it is so, what the printer will do is it (printer) will automatically change its IP address once the IP lease expires by the router. After you check the validity, ensure that the IP address being used is different / unique and the same as on your computer.
- Move to printer properties (as told in the previous solution). Select ‘Ports’ tab.
- Pick a Static IP for your printer.
- After you have selected the correct port, tap on Configure port option.
- check the port’s name and address and verify that it matches with the device you are using at present.
- Save the changes and made and then exit. See whether the problem exists or not.
- First of all, type ‘Device Manager’ in the Search box.
- Next, click on the ‘Device Manager’ from the search result box.
- Expand the Printers option.
- After this, Right-click on your printer and tap the ‘Update Driver’ option.
As you choose the Update Driver option, the system will look online for an available driver. But make sure one thing that your PC is well-connected to the Internet to avoid any disruption. Restart the computer after the update is completed.
Restart Your Print Spooler Service:
- Press Windows key and R to open Windows Run box and there you need to type type “services.msc”. Hit ‘Enter’ after that.
- You will see a list of services. Double-click on the Print-Spooler.
- Make sure that the Start-up Type is set to ‘Automatic’. If not, pick it from the drop-down list.
- Next, see that the Services Status is started or Running. If it has been stopped, tap the ‘Start’ button.
- If the Service Status is “Running”, select the ‘Stop’ button. Wait until the service gets stopped and then click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Once the service is started, you need to attempt to use or Re-install the printer driver.
- Choose Windows button from the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Now, move to Settings.
- Tap Update and Security icon.
- Next, select the Windows update tab in the sidebar.
- Select Check for updates. It will start downloading automatically, if an update is available.
- Turning off WDF(Windows defender Firewall) can be called a fine method to stop Windows defender Firewall blocking. Windows 10 users need to click the ‘Type here to search’ button on the taskbar.
- Enter Windows Defender Firewall there.
- Make a click on the Windows Defender firewall to open the Control panel applet window.
- After this, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off so that the option shown opens directly.
- Tap ” Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” button in order to turn off the WDF.
- Press ‘Ok’ button.
- First, look for the Control Panel in the Search box.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Printer followed by choosing the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- A troubleshooting wizard will then open and start diagnosing your computer for any printer-related error.
- It’s a bit time consuming but will let you know if there is something wrong with your printing device.
- If the problem still persists, move ahead with the next solution.
- Tap ‘Start’ menu. Go to Settings.
- Click on ‘Devices’.
- From the options appearing in the left menu choose ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- After this, Click on your printer and then select the ‘Manage’ Button.
- Click set the Printer as a Default option.
- In case of non-working of the Printer, you must check the printer is well-connected to the PC.
- Now, disconnect the USB cable and then connect it again.
- Do check the PC is connected to your printing device.
- Click devices and then select Brother Printer model.
- Check USB cable and connect it to your brother printer.
- Make sure that the cable is well connected to the USB port.
- Don’t try it to connect with the Network port or any other USB port.
- Do ensure that Brother Printer is marked as ‘Default’ Printer.
- After this, you need to check the access point and the router by printer and PC.
- Check Ethernet cable and properly manage the access point settings.
- Now, type in Printer.
- Choose Printers and Scanners option.
- Add a printer or scanner.
- After this, select the printer that wasn’t listed.
- Select and add a Bluetooth or wireless network discoverable printer.
- At last, select the connected printer.
- Try to turn off your printer. Restart it if you face any trouble with it.
- Check Network and USB cables or USB ports out on a timely basis.
- Next, uninstall and then re-install New Brother Drivers.
- At last, reset and delete the print jobs.
- Tap Hardware and Sound.
- Select ‘Add a printer’ option.
- After this, choose the model name followed by clicking “Next” button.
- As the window starts appearing, you need to choose ‘Brother’ from the manufacturer’s list shown on screen.
- Choose the model name. Press “Next” button.
- Clogged printhead of your Brother printer.
- Viruses interfering with your printer connection.
- If you are trying to give Print command to the file that is invalid.
- Brother printer network related issue.
- Improper installation of printer cartridge.
- Empty cartridge or the ink dried up inside it.
- Corrupted Brother printer driver.
Conclusion : Hope the remedies suggested here bring positive results to you. All these methods are well-proven and simple to perform. Still, if you are not comfortable doing it on your own, speak to our technicians via chat or call. You may also visit our Brother Printer Support website for any query. We love helping our clients and hearing their valuable suggestions.