Is your brother printer offline on windows 10 If yes? Read the below para to know the methods through which you can bring your Brother printer back in the online state. When a user’s printing device gets offline then there could be a lot of reason behind this. Just see your printer connectivity:–
It may possible that your printer is not connected properly to the computer or the Internet. To check your printer’s connectivity, try out these given steps –
- First, restart your printer. Now, wait for a few minutes until your printing device gets ready.
- Next, check your printer connection. It doesn’t matter whether you are connected via USB or wireless connection. You need to look at both the connections. Be sure that all USB and cable are strongly attached. If using the wireless connection, make sure you are having the proper network, Internet access, and IP address. If you are connected properly then the wireless icon on your printer will lit-up.
- In the end, run “test print”.
Still, your Brother printer is offline on windows 10 then go with the next remedy.
Check your Printer status :
- For this, open Control Panel. Go to “Printers and Devices”.
- After then, select your printer and right-click to open the drop-down menu. Now, tap on “See what is printing”.
- Now you need to select the option named “Set as default printer”. Below the “Set as default printer” link, you can see your printer’s status (whether it is offline or online). In case your printer is paused then click on “Resume Printing”.With this, your printer will be set to print online.
- In the last step, run a print test. If you continue to see the “offline” problem then cancel the print queue.
DELETING ALL PRINT JOBS FROM PRINTER AND DEVICE WINDOW :
For Windows 7 or later: For this, make a Right-click on the icon for your Brother device> delete print queue or see what’s printing> Printer > Cancel All Documents.
VERIFYING BROTHER MACHINE IS TURNED ON:
- If it seems that the machine’s screen is blank, chances are there that it may not be powered ON.
(Also check, isn’t the machine in sleep mode?)
If it is not so, do check that it is plugged into a working socket and power switches are turned ON.
- If there appears any error on the computer screen, for say, “Paper Jam” or “Ink/Toner Empty”, make efforts to troubleshoot them.
(Windows): WHEN A COPY OF BROTHER PRINTING MACHINE’S ICON IS LISTED / MENTIONED IN PRINTERS AND DRIVERS
You must know that the copy of your printing device with the same printer name can be created in case:
– You connected the device into various USB ports on your computer.
– You installed the same printer driver for many times.
Doing so, there will be some copies of your printer driver not working in an exact manner. To print, please pick a printer driver that you are aware of is working.
Follow the below directions to see which printer driver is working:
- First, turn On your Brother device. If other machines are also connected, keep one thing in mind, turn ON only the Brother machine that you want to use. After this, open the printers folder:
For (Windows 8 or later)
- Move to Control Panel.
- Now, tap Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
For (Windows 7)
- First, Click Start > Devices and Printers.
- Now, hover the cursor over printer icon till the time there appears printer status pop-up.
If you see the status as ‘Ready’, it shows that the printer driver is working a fine way. Choose this printer driver while printing.
– If you want to print using this printer in the future also, just right-click the icon of the machine and tap ‘Set as Default Printer’. You will then see a checkmark on the machine’s icon. Here, it simply means that whenever you print next time, this printer driver will be chosen automatically.
(MacOS): CHECK THAT YOU ARE HAVING CORRECT PRINTER DRIVER FOR YOUR BROTHER PRINTER
- First, you have to choose Apple Menu > System Preferences > Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Tap your Brother machine in the Printers section.
- Now, it turns to verify which printer driver is used. This can be checked next to Kind.
In case, AirPrint printer driver is selected, try given steps to add CUPS printer driver to your Mac:
- Go for Apple Menu > System Preferences > Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- After this, click the + button.
- At the top of the dialogue box, there appears a default icon, please click on it.
- Pick your machine from the Name list shown there.
- Do check that “XXXXXXX + CUPS” has been chosen in the Use list.
(Here, XXXXXXX represents your model name.)
- After this, click the ‘Add’ option.
- With this, you can see that the Printer is now available in the Printers section.
- At last, snap ‘Quit System Preferences’ from Apple Menu.
CHECK WHETHER YOUR PRINTER IS SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER OR NOT:
- Go to the Printers folder. See that there is a checkmark on your Brother machine’s icon:
For Windows 8 or later:
- First, you need to open Control Panel.
- Next, tap Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
For (Windows 7) :
- Move to Start > Devices and Printers.
If you see no checkmark on your Brother device, just right-click the icon for your machine and click the option named ‘Set as default printer’.
Conclusion: Hope you find the information useful. If your printer is not suffering from any major hardware or network the communication-related issue then it will be much easy to bring your printer back in the online form using the above remedies. And after following the all above steps if you still need help then kindly visit our chat support line for the assistance.
You May Also Like: WHAT SHOULD I DO TO BRING MY KODAK PRINTER BACK ONLINE?