In general, a Router is a device that allows the forwarding of data from one network to another. Or we can say, data traffic is directed between two or more networks. The device range from small switches to large, autonomous and dedicated computers.Other services offered by them include firewall, load balancing, network partitioning.The most common type of these devices is home and small office routers that perform the job of forwarding IP packets between the Internet and home PCs.
We have the following types of Router:
1. Wired Routers: Friends, wired routers, we can say are box-shaped devices that you can connect directly to PC using “hard-lined” or wired connections. One connection port (that you can see on your wired router) allows it to connect to a modem so that it can receive Internet data packs. And other ports help it to connect to PC for distributing Internet data packets. In some wired routers, you will find that ports are available for distributing data packets to fax machines as well as telephones. If we talk about one of the known varieties of a wired router, then it is absolute ‘Ethernet Broadband Router’.
2. Wireless Router: Similar to the above, it is connected directly to modem via cable in order to receive Internet data packets. However, instead of depending on cables for the purpose of distribution of data packets to PCs, it believes to do the same using one or more antennae.It creates a wireless signal in your home or office. Thus, any PC lying within its range can easily connect to it and enjoy the Internet services.
3. Core Routers: It is a wired or wireless router that allows distributing Internet data packets within a network. But remember that it doesn’t distribute data packets b/w several networks.
4. Edge router: In contrast to the core router, this is a wired or wireless router that permits distribution of Internet data packets b/w one or more networks. However, it but doesn’t support the distribution of data packets within a network.
5. Broadband Routers:It can do a number of things. You can use it to connect PCs or to connect to the Internet.In case, you wish to connect to the Internet through phone and using VOIP (Voice over IP technology) then you will require a broadband router. You must know that this special type of modem (ADSL) comprises both Ethernet and phone jacks.
COMMON ISSUES OF ROUTER:
! Loose or Disconnected Cables: It’s quite a common problem that you may face. Sometimes, it may happen that your router is turned off, or any of the family members, by mistake, unplugs the power to it. Please make sure that power strips are switched ON and are receiving electricity from the outlet. Also, check that modem cables are duly connected.
! Overheating or Overloading: It is another common nuisance with routers. Downloading large files or streaming data for long periods could be responsible for a home network router to produce heat. However, most of the time, it will overheat due to sustained heavy load. As a result of this, the overheated router will behave in a somehow different manner, disconnecting devices from the local network and crashing.Shut down the router and let it cool down may temporarily resolve the problem. If in case, the problem arises so often, do check that the router has proper ventilation.
! Mismatched Wi-Fi Security Settings:Incompatibility in settings b/w two Wi-Fi devices (like router and PC) will cause disruption while making a suitable network connection.Difficult configurations, Firmware updates, Hardware specs (Memory, HDD, etc), Number of simultaneous users are other issues related to these routers.
Here are some top brands dealing in routers:
! Netgear: You should know that ‘NETGEAR’ was the first to introduce the world’s fastest wireless router. Nowadays, more homes have multiple devices that need strong and fast WiFi signals. In such a case, Netgear is the best option. It is known for giving its users the widest range of speed as well as features so that they can aptly fulfill their home needs for Internet, music, video streaming and lot more.
Although, the users are happy with the performance of these routers, sometimes they feel bad when the device starts showing an error. But not to worry, these are small issues and can be easily recovered. Router Support Center is doing excellent in this direction. You can speak to professionals either by calling them or through chat services. Seeking ‘Chat Support’ is a good option whenever you are getting a busy tone on phone call.
! D-Link: Designed and developed by ‘Taiwanese’ multinational networking equipment manufacturing corporation ‘D-Link’, it is another great option for router users. The exclusive range of product involves both basic budget-friendly models and higher priced models.Well, this common home network hardware device establishes communication between local home devices and the Internet.D-Link error DI-624 or DI-604, Not able to connect another device with Wi-Fi D-Link router, Disappearance of Wi-Fi network, Fail to access the Internet in a connected network, D-Link router password is forgotten are some problems attached to it. We can well understand the frustration you’re having while suffering from all this. For your Router Technical Support, place a call at our hotline number. Doing so, you will be straight connected to our diligent experts resulting in the removal of your queries.
! Belkin: Belkin; a US producer of consumer electronics has gained specialization in connectivity devices. Well, this Belkin router is one of them. No doubt, it has gained people’s trust and has succeeded to make such a large user base. It offers a wide range of wireless routers extending from cheap to costly one.The device is prone to tech glitches at some point in time. You may see firmware issues, router log in error, firewall issues, router not connecting to Wi-Fi, etc. For this, immediately dial our helpline number (1-888-700-7580) for the best of the customer services ever. Here, at our Belkin Router Support, you will see that all your problem disappears in a short time.In the end, we can say, nothing is perfect in this world, so with these devices. Technical bugs/error are bound to take place, so don’t get upset. Whenever you need help with your Router, instantly move to our help desk. We promise you that you will never be disappointed on any ground. Given are some incomparable features that we offer:
- Best faculty provides superb as well as easy to implement the solution.
- Stop worrying about the cost of the service. A fair price will be charged in return for incredible customer services.
- Rather than minting money, we make continuous efforts to satisfy our clients.
- If ignorant about the use of a device, you can go for our ‘Live Tutorial’. This session will help you a lot learning basic knowledge.
- Through this, you can get remedies within the boundaries of your home. You are not supposed to bring your system to any of our outlets.
- The representatives work with full dedication and honesty. Have trust, they will never mislead you.
- In fact, they try to provide you the best possible solution so that you can simply beat your trouble.
- Questions can be asked over a phone call or through chat service. However, both are fine ways. You can also try for dropping us an e-mail.
- If the services are not as per your expectation, you can claim your money back. Within 7 days, the whole amount will be returned.
- If not able to understand the solution properly in one go, call them again. They will never mind to explain it once more.
- We value our customer and pay heed to every minute details regarding their query.
- The toll-free number (1-888-200-7580) is open for you. Just use it whenever you require.
- Serving the people for the last many years, we have not yet received a single complaint.
- If you want, you can also suggest ways how can we improve our services. Customer feedback and response matters a lot.
- What would be more exciting than when you are getting awesome solutions through minimum effort.
- Leading platform in terms of offering technical support.
A large number of users had benefited from our services then why not you……..????