Developed in 2001, Bitdefender is a Romanian cybersecurity and anti-virus software company. It is known for producing anti-virus software, internet security software, endpoint security software, and many other cybersecurity products and services. Delivering services for many years, it has succeeded to attract million of users worldwide.The brand has developed a benchmark in the industry by offering commendable products. In spite of this, sometimes error 1020 may perturb our users. But taking stress is not a solution to any problem.To seek out it in a proper way, read our entire blog. Information has been provided here regarding its symptoms, causes and remedies.
1. The appearance of the error crashes active program window.
2. User system frequently crashes with the error when running the same program.
3. The slow movement of Windows and its sluggish response toward mouse or keyboard input.
4. User PC periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Guys, you may confront the error at the time of program installation, while a Softwin-related program (for say, BitDefender Antivirus) is running during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during installation of Windows OS. Always remember that keeping the piece of knowledge regarding when and where the error occurred plays a vital role in beating the trouble.
1. Corrupt download or incomplete installation of the software.
2. Corruption in Windows registry from a recent BitDefender Antivirus-related software change (i.e install or uninstall).
3. Windows system files or BitDefender Antivirus-related program files infected with malware or virus attacks.
4. BitDefender related files are deleted by another program by mistake.
5. Issues with Internet connectivity.
This Run time error can take place due to several factors. Thus, it’s important that you troubleshoot each of the possible reasons to prevent it from occurring again in near future.
Operating System Information: You will see that error messages can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows OS:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
1. Repair Windows Registry Entries: Guys, you need to be careful while editing Windows Entries manually. Do remember that a single incorrect entry may cause harm to your existing system. For this, follow the given steps:
- First of all, tap the Start button from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Next, type cmd or command in the search box.
- After this, choose CMD from the searched results. Hit ‘Enter’ while holding CTRL + Shift altogether.
- In order to allow the program to open, hit YES.
- Now, where the cursor is blinking, please type “regedit” followed by pressing Enter.
- Choose Bitdefender Error 1020 – related key from the registry editor.
- From the file menu, tap Export. Select the location where you want to save your antivirus backup key.
- Next, you will be asked to insert the name of the file in the FileName box.
- Be sure to choose the Selected Branch from Export range box.
- At last, tap ‘Save’ button to save .reg extension file on your system.
With this, you will be able to save backup key on your device.
2. Conducting a complete Malware Scan of your device: It is done with a purpose to remove malicious infections and viruses from your PC that are responsible for instability.
3. Clean Junk and Temp files: You must know that over a period of time, the lot of Junks get stored in your device. If they (junks) are not cleared at the regular interval, your system’s working may get affected. For this, follow the given steps:
a) First, open your device. Tap the Start button.
b) Next, type RUN in the search box and choose Run from the searched results.
c) You will see that a Run dialog box open. There type %Temp% in the search box.
d) To open temp folder, hit Enter from the keyboard or tap OK.
e) After then, from the folder pick entire data and then right-click with the help of mouse.
f) Now, snap ‘Delete’ option from the list.
g) Hit OK or Yes to give permission to completely remove the data from your system.
h) Wait till the process gets finished.
i) Next, to save the changes made restart your PC.
If failed to get the desired result, you can also run Disk Cleanup to remove temp files.
4. Update all your Device Drivers: An outdated or corrupt device driver may malfunction in various ways. Here, you can remove the bug simply by updating them.
5. Undo Recent System Changes with the help of Windows System Restore:
It is highly suggested by our team to use Windows System Restore to allow the
device to go back to the time when it was working in a fine manner. Doing so, you can get rid of worries occurring as a result of this error code.
6: Uninstall defected Bit Defender antivirus and replace it with updated one:
In case, your existing Bitdefender antivirus has defected, it would be better to replace it with the updated one.
7: Run Windows System File Checker: With the help of this, you are allowed to scan and restore corruptions in the Windows files.
8: Install all Windows Updates available: It is also another good way to beat the error. Perform given steps to install available updates on your device. Friends, you will see that the updates will get installed automatically (as soon as available) in case, the automatic update feature is turned ‘ON’ your device.
- First, click the Start button. Type ‘Update’ in the search box.
- Next, pick Update option from the searched results. Hit Enter, after then.
- You will then see that a window pop up with the available updates.
- Now, if updates are available to install then you have to click ‘Install’ option. Wait until the process gets finished.
- To complete the process, restart your device. Now, look for error message.
- If you find that error still prevails, please contact Bitdefender Support or visit at central.bitdefender.com for instant help.
9: Perform a clean installation of Windows: Doing so, all the “junk” files accumulated over the normal usage of your PC will be quickly cleaned out.
At last, I just want to say dial our ‘Bitdefender Antivirus Support Number’ (1-800-314-8024) and raise your queries (if any). Although the above steps are easy to perform still you face any problem, our helpdesk is open 24*7. You must visit here to get a satisfactory solution to your issues. Or you may drop us an email, in case number is not reachable. The tech geeks will not only guide you towards the right path but will also suggest you needed hardware and software to improve the overall health of your device.Guys,having issues with this antivirus is a common thing. So don’t take any kind of stress. Just interact with our team.I promise, within the brief time, you will find that all your worries have disappeared!!!!!
You May Also Read : What To Do When You See “Mcafee Error 1603”