Quickbook, a product of Intuit has brought wonders to the business world. Using the software that is loaded with fabulous features save users time and money. They can thus utilize it in other business priorities. Also, it makes the business management simple and quick.Although having a large user base across the world, it sometimes shows tech glitches. Among them Error 80070057 is severely faced by users. But don’t worry at all, it can be solved if proper remedies are performed on time. This post will make you aware of the error. Read it carefully till the last and move as per directions are given.Also, you may go for our technical support team for handling this issue. Choosing this option will also help you save your time and effort.
What the error actually means???
When a user clicks to open a company file, they see an error message saying, “80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. It means that they have not adequate permission to delete the files from the specific folder. To access the company file, they must have read/write as well as create/delete rights.Listed below could be the possible reason for this error code:
- QuickBooks unable to read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- Third-party Firewall is not configured for QB
- By default, certain ports are blocked by application antivirus in use.
- It may possible that QB installation is damaged.
- Possibly, the user is trying to open a portable file without opening the Qb application.
- It may possible that you are working on a file located on USB flash drive.
- If damage in company file is detected by software at the time of its (QB) installation.
Check out this list of symptoms:
- Your pc periodically freezes for few seconds.
- Window run slowly and make the sluggish response to mouse or keyboard input.
- An occurrence of an error at the time of Windows Startup or Shutdown.
- User pc frequently crashes when the error takes place.
Keeping the piece of information related to how and where the error code occurs would benefit you a lot in rectifying the error.Try these under-laid remedies to get rid of this error.
SOLUTION 1: Basically, two steps are required to perform, these are-
a) Rename the Company File
b) Change the File Extension
Before you move, you need to verify the company file extension. For this follow given steps:
- First of all, right-click the company file.
- After then, the snap Properties option.
- Next, click the QuickBooks tab.
- Notefile extension in Filename field and version of the software in last opened with a file.
- At last, hit OK.
Steps to be followed to Rename .nd file:
- Look for folder and open the Company file.
- Look for the corresponding .nd file of targeted company file.
- For instance: MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- Next, make right-click on a .nd file and move to Rename this file
- Use .ndold as a suffix with the filename
Steps to be followed to Change the File Extension:
- For this, copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- After then, right-click on the new folder and next tap on Rename.
- Now, modify the file extension to .qbm
- To restore the Portable, open QB Desktop.
- If something went wrong while opening the software then change the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup.
- In case, file fails to open, rename the extension to .qbx
- After this, Open the file into an Accounting copy.
SOLUTION 2: Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop For this, you have to perform clean install at the time of uninstallation and then reinstall QB Desktop.
SOLUTION 3: Download and run Quickbooks File Doctor in your device.
SOLUTION 4: Configure BitDefender (Antivirus) to allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication:
- Initially, navigate to BitDefender 10.0 main menu. Next, tap Antivirus.
- Pick Custom Level.
- Next, select to Exclude path from the scan.
- Choose New item
- At last, go for a mapped drive or UNC path (used to browse to the company file). Like as “Q:\”
SOLUTION 5: Converting files from MAC to Windows:
For this purpose, go with the Back-Up option in Windows function.
SOLUTION 6: Run as Administrator:
- Re-launch your QB Desktop.
- Next, right-click the program icon.
- There tap Run as administrator.
SOLUTION 7: Opening company files after QuickBooks has already opened:
QB Desktop is not like other programs. You must know that it is designed to be opened from inside the program, not by double-clicking the company file.
1. From your keyboard, press Windows key and tap All Programs.
Note: The users of Windows 8 and 10, please enter in QuickBooks.
2. Now, it’s the time to choose the version of a version that you are trying to open.
3. In case, company file didn’t open automatically, go with company file and then select Open.
SOLUTION 8: Update QuickBooks to the latest release:
Experts always suggest installing the current update of Qb Desktop.
SOLUTION 9: Configure your Firewall Software:
1. Before anything else, first, check Firewall and Internet security for updates and network access to see exceptions needed.
2. Do as per directions were given by your firewall provider to configure the firewall in order to allow Internet access
to QB Desktop files on all PCs.
3. If it doesn’t help you, please uninstall then reinstall the firewall (if having required installation files).
Still,having any confusion, feel free to communicate with our professionals.They work day and night with a sole aim to offer you necessary help in the hour of crisis. Use the toll-free number (1-800-314-8024 ) for this purpose.So, be in touch with Techsquadline geeks and keep reading our blogs for more useful and qualitative information.We try our best to deliver you the valuable content, if not able to get it in any way, then moving to experts is the finest option.
You May Also Read : QUICK SOLUTION FOR QUICKBOOKS ERROR H101, H202, H303, or H505